Monday, February 29, 2016

ANOTHER SEUSS-Y SHARE!

As a teacher, I used YouTube videos as a way to reinforce or introduce concepts to the class.  I have saved some very cute and useful videos to my YouTube account but, one of the difficulties with my growing video collection was organization and ease of use.  FINALLY, I think I found a way that solves this little problem in a very presentable kid friendly way.  


Presenting my very first interactive book!!!

Book Cover

Click below to try out this sample page. Open the download.  Now click a picture. This should open a video link to YouTube. Click the X to return to the document. It's that easy!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B17iiaP1ueFNVWhDTHY3dUp2akk/view?usp=sharing
Sample page


I created an I CAN chart so students can interact with the book independently.  If you don't feel comfortable with that option you can always project the book to a screen or interactive board for use with the whole class or view an individual page to focus on a particular Dr. Seuss topic.





The Interactive Pages Link To:
Dr. Seuss Biography
Green Eggs and Ham read aloud & rap
Fox in Socks rap & song
One Fish, Two Fish rap & ride
Mr. Brown Can Moo song
Hop on Pop song
Dr. Seuss' ABC's song
The Lorax songs & directed drawing
The Cat in the Hat directed drawing

Another option would be to print the book, laminate, and bind it.  A great addition to the classroom library!!

My very first interactive book is available now at my teacher stores.  PLEASE let me know what you think by adding a comment below. I've got plans to make more.

No comments:

Post a Comment